Fredericksburg Property Management
Founded in 2007 in Richmond, VA, Dodson Property Management established a Fredericksburg property management office in 2014. The Fredericksburg office of DPM currently manages nearly 100 single family and multi-family residences and is growing in the City of Fredericksburg as well as Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline and King George counties.
For information about our Fredericksburg property management company, please fill out the lead form on the right of this page »
- Assessing market rent amount
- Coordinating the advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Procuring lease
- Collecting security deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
Full Service Management:
- Collecting rent
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Coordinating evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Reconciling security deposits
- Strategic long-term planning including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
Lease Renewal Services:
- Reassessing market rent
- Contacting owner to ask if they want to renew and advising owner on new rental amount
- Reaching out to tenant to negotiate the renewal
- Procuring a signed renewal letter or in some cases, a new lease
Request a Free Quote!
5 Reasons to Work with Dodson Property Management
"Duke is a knowledgeable professional who looks out for our best interests. He finds the right tenant and is available
at all times and answers questions promptly. I recommend Duke to anyone who is looking for property management."
— Ric Hoffman —
Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel
“Dodson Property Management has been managing my apartment complex for the past 4 years
and I have been very happy with the results."
-Ryan Sedwick –
How Our Fredericksburg Property Managers Can Help
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on our Property Management services please review the FAQs below.
We screen tenants using the following methods:
- Credit screening
- Employment/Income verification
- Rental history verification
- Eviction History
- Criminal background check
Fredericksburg Area Info
The Greater Fredericksburg region of Virginia consists of The City Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania, Stafford, King George, and Caroline counties. The city is conveniently located off of Interstate-95 40 miles South of Washington DC and 60 miles North of Richmond. It is home to the Mary Washington University and several other, smaller institutions.
Home to several lakes and rivers, Fredericksburg, like many cities in the area had an economy in years past based around the transportation of the tobacco crop. The area bordered by the Potomac, Rappahannock, Mattaponi and North Anna rivers which made it a perfect point for tobacco inspections as the crop traveled along the coast. Along with Lake Anna, those bodies of water continue to be utilized by residents and visitors today, but as a hotbed of recreation activities like kayaking and fishing.
The Greater Fredericksburg region is also home to several established and budding shopping and dining districts. When it was built, Fredericksburg’s Central Park was one of the largest such areas on the East coast and the Spotsylvania Towne Center, which was finished in 2009, is a hotbed of activity for locals and commuters.
An integral part of one of the original 13 American colonies, the history of The Greater Fredericksburg Area dates back to the founding of the country. It is the birthplace of two of our founding fathers, President’s George Washington and James Monroe. Visitors and residents are able to celebrate this history today through museums and several monuments to the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.
Counties We Service
- King George